Ramprasad Rai is a rural municipality out of seven rural municipalities of Bhojpur District of Province No. 1 of Nepal. This rural municipality that got its name after Ram Prasad Rai, a democratic warrior is situated in south-west area of the district.
Ramprasadrai has an area of 158.83 square kilometers (61.32 sq mi) and total population of the municipality is 18,894 as of Census of Nepal 2011. Of the total population, 53.5 percent are female (10,111) and the rest, 46.5 percent are male (8,783). Similarly, the population density is 119 per km square. The municipality is divided into eight wards which have a total of 188 villages/settlements.. This new local level body was formed on 10 March 2017, fulfilling the requirement of the new Constitution of Nepal 2015. This gaunpalika remains under House of Representative Election Bhojpur Area Number 1 and Province Assembly Election Bhojpur Area No. 2. As per the organogram of this gaunpalika, it is divided into two divisions – thematic and structural. The thematic division includes Health department, Ayurved department, Agriculture department, Livestock department, Education department and women development department. While, the structural division is consists information and communication department, technical department, Account department, Planning department, Program department and Earthquake reconstruction department.
While Vijay Rai is Chairperson of this rural municipality, it is co-chaired by Samjhana Rai. Regarding the social-cultural aspect, this area is dominated by Mongolian culture and resided by the people of Limbu, Kirat Rai, Magar, Tamang and Gurung community. A majority of residents of this rural municipality follow Kirat, followed by Buddhism and Hinduism. This rural municipality is basically a hilly/mountainous one and is a full of rugged terrain. This municipality offers natural climate condition with fresh air, atmosphere, water facility and environment.
Chilaunetar bazar is the center of this gaunpalika. According to a survey conducted in 2076 BS, the literacy rate of this gaunpalika is 68.60 percent with 72.53 percent men and 64.46 percent women being literate. This rural municipality acquired 0.48 rating when it comes to human development index.
Table 1. List of laws, procedures and guidelines adopted by Ramprasad Rai Gaunpalika :
Table on fiscal profile of Ramprasad Rai Gaunpalika :